If you or someone you love has been injured in a commercial truck accident, you need to understand and protect your rights. With a good attorney on your side, you’ll be able to get the proper insurance compensation and possibly more. Some common commercial vehicles include:
Large companies or corporations usually own commercial trucks. The corporations that own the trucks are known as motor carriers. Motor carriers are notorious for acting aggressively in their defense regarding insurance claims.
Get Help With Your Truck Accident Claim in Denver, CO
You’ll want to have a knowledgeable Denver truck accident attorney on your side if you want to get the total and fair compensation you deserve. Our attorneys have extensive experience representing victims of truck accidents and helping them secure the restitution they deserve.
A quality attorney should:
- Thoroughly investigate your case
- Identify all potentially liable parties
- Be able to build a strong case in your favor
- Get you the maximum compensation possible
Our attorneys are expert negotiators and respected litigators. We will see to it that trucking and insurance companies are held accountable.
You can schedule a free consultation with our Denver truck accident attorneys today. We’ll discuss the unique details of your case and help you with the claims process. Read on to find out how to file a truck accident claim.
Steps for Filing a Truck Accident Insurance Claim in Colorado
After you’ve been in an accident involving a commercial truck, you might face a number of the following damages and losses:
- Steep medical bills
- Reduced or even lost income
- Extensive, sometimes irreparable damage to your vehicle
- Non-economic damages like emotional distress, PTSD, anxiety, or depression
Colorado’s personal injury laws protect victims who have been injured by another person’s negligence. Victims of accidents can seek compensation for their losses. But the process of filing a truck accident claim is not always a straightforward task, which is why you would benefit from hiring a Denver truck accident attorney.
Our attorneys are dedicated to protecting you and your rights. We will walk you through the entire process at every step of the claim process after a truck accident. It’s critical to remember that it’s best never to accept any blame or admit guilt. Avoid minimizing the severity of any damages or losses you’ve suffered. The insurance company will always try to use such information in their favor.
Here are the steps to take after you’ve been in a truck accident:
- Seek medical attention immediately. After you’ve been in an accident, your top priority should be emergency care. Call 911 as soon as possible and request emergency responders. If emergency medical attention is not necessary, be sure to see a doctor as soon as you can. It’s best to go to the doctor the same day, or at least within 24 hours of the accident. Numerous serious injuries can result from being in a truck accident. Some injuries don’t have immediate symptoms, like whiplash. By seeing a doctor right away, you will establish and protect evidence. It’s vital to have proof of your injuries and the medical care you required from the accident. Follow your doctor’s instructions and be vigilant with all follow-up appointments. Also, remember to save all hospital records and bills.
- Report the accident. During your 911 call, the responding law enforcement will probably ask for basic information. They will ask for your information, the truck driver’s information, and essential details about the accident. Be sure to inquire about how you can get a copy of the official accident report. You might want to ask how and when you can get a copy of the report. Then get a copy as soon as you can. Our attorneys can help you obtain an accident report if you haven’t done this yet.
- Gather as much information as possible. If you are in a condition that allows for it, take pictures of the accident scene and surrounding items. You’ll want to take pictures of the truck, preferably showing the company name, the location, your vehicle and the damage to your car, and any surrounding debris. If you have any visible injuries, take pictures of those as well. Get the contact information from bystanders who may have witnessed the accident. If possible, write down everything while it’s fresh in your brain and draw a diagram to demonstrate the location of the vehicles after the accident. There are apps available on your smartphone to help document this evidence.
- Contact your insurance company. You’ll need to notify your insurance company about the accident. Insurance companies generally have strict deadlines for accident notification, so don’t wait too long before doing so. Try to answer questions as truthfully as you can. Avoid making accusations and never admit guilt or accept blame. Don’t give a recorded statement until you’ve contacted your attorney.
- Beware of insurance adjusters and settlement offers. You’ll most likely hear from an insurance adjuster after an accident. The adjuster will ask investigative questions about the accident and your injuries. They might even try to offer you a settlement check. Always consult your attorney before accepting any offer. Refrain from signing anything or taking any forms of payment. By doing so, you could negatively affect your right to the actual compensation you deserve.
- Don’t get discouraged if your claim gets denied. Insurance adjusters love to say no. Insurance adjusters think that most people will not fight back. But suppose you have the proper representation and understand your rights. In that case, an insurance denial will not be the final word on your claim. A qualified Denver truck accident attorney can review your case and help you counter the denial.
- Get free legal counsel regarding your truck accident claim. Please take advantage of our free consultation service. We are happy to advise you of your rights and legal recourse after a truck accident. If an offer has already been presented to you by an insurance adjuster, we will help you review it and decide if it’s fair.
Filing a personal injury claim after a truck accident does not have to be tedious and complicated. Trucking companies will have an army of attorneys to defend themselves. Don’t worry; our competent Denver truck accident attorneys are capable and prepared to fight back in your defense.
Contact an Experienced Truck Accident Attorney in Denver, Colorado
If you or a loved one were injured in a truck accident, call us today to schedule your consultation. Our proficient legal team will investigate whether the driver was fatigued or otherwise negligent and negotiate with insurance companies on your behalf. We will settle your case or move to court if need be.