If you have been involved in a passenger injury accident, speak with a Denver passenger injury attorney now to learn about your rights. There is at least one passenger involved in every car accident. Car accidents can result in any number of injuries to the driver, passenger, or both and can be very serious. If you have been a passenger in a car accident that resulted in suffering injuries, Denver passenger injury attorneys are here to help you.
What Should I Do After a Car Accident?
If you are a passenger involved in a car accident, you should follow the same steps as you would if you were the driver. Here are the steps to take:
- Seek medical attention – always get checked out by a doctor or medical professional. You may have suffered internal injuries and not be aware of them. Call 911 for the police and an ambulance to come to the accident site.
- Share contact information – be sure to get the contact information of all parties involved in the accident.
- Take pictures – pictures are hard to dispute. This is an excellent way to collect hard evidence. Take pictures of damages to all vehicles involved, wreckage, debris, and all injuries sustained.
- Speak to the police – once the police arrive on the scene give them your account and ask for an official report of the incident.
- Speak to witnesses – they may even be able to testify on your behalf.
Under What Circumstances Can I Hire a Denver Passenger Injury Attorney?
According to the Colorado Department of Transportation, in 2017 alone, Colorado had:
- 2,884 serious passenger injuries
- 11,668 passenger injuries
- 648 fatalities
- If you have been involved in a car accident as an injured passenger, you may be wondering what damages you can claim. You can claim any of the following injuries and damages:
- Broken or fractured bones
- Trauma to brain/Brain injury
- Spinal cord injury or hyper-extension
- Damage to soft tissue or bruising
- Tendon and or ligament damage
- Other medical injuries and the costs associated with treatment
- All medical bills associated with treatment
- Physical therapy
- Wheelchairs, scooters, in-home medical devices as needed
- Pain and Suffering
- Emotional distress
- Punitive damages
In any instance of a personal injury claim, the plaintiff must be able to prove two things: that the accident was caused by someone else’s driving mistake(s) and the extent of damages – how bad were the injuries that the claimant suffered? Denver passenger injury attorneys are here to discuss with you your legal rights on proceeding with claims to gain the full and just compensation you deserve.
Passenger Injury Claims and Recovering Compensation in Denver, CO
Did you know that it is usually easier for a passenger to make a claim after an accident than other personal injury claimants? Generally speaking, this is because the passenger does not have to establish liability. The driver(s) involved in the accident would be considered at fault. Passengers involved in a car accident involving injuries can file an insurance claim, but also may be able to take justice a step further by filing a personal injury lawsuit depending on the circumstances.
Denver passenger injury attorneys want you to know that Colorado is an at fault state. In a no-fault state, each party involved in the accident would look to their own respective insurance companies to cover the cost of damages. This means that if you were a passenger who was injured in an accident in Denver, you can sue the parties responsible for sustained injuries or damaged property.
Passengers are rarely found to be at fault for a car accident since they have no control over the car. This, however, does not rule out the possibility that the driver who is at fault and their insurance company may try to shift the blame on you, the passenger. In this instance, it is important to remember that Colorado is a modified comparative negligence state. This means that you can recover financial compensation and recover damages, as long as you are less than 50% responsible for the accident.
Can Denver Passenger Injury Attorneys Help me Prove That Passenger Injury Was a Result of Driver Negligence?
As a passenger, you have more options than you may believe possible for seeking money damages from responsible parties. Since Colorado is a fault-state, this ultimately means that Denver passenger injury attorneys can help you bring a legal claim to court against the responsible party(s) to recover financial retribution. You do not need to have life-threatening or serious permanent injuries to hold negligent parties accountable for their driving errors.
Does My Relationship to the Driver Matter?
It is important to remember that even if the at-fault driver is a family member or a loved one, the financial compensation received will not be an out-of-pocket expense for them, but rather from their insurance company. Equally important to know is that if you live in the same household as the driver, you may not be able to recover damages due to a shared insurance policy. There may be ways around this that Denver passenger injury attorneys’ skilled expertise may be able to assist you with.
When Should I Contact Denver Passenger Injury Attorneys?
We understand that it can be complicated to navigate the aftermath of a car accident in which you had no fault. If you have found yourself as a victim of a collision that you had no control over, it may be time to seek legal counsel from Denver passenger injury attorneys. We do not believe you should have to suffer for someone else’s poor decisions. If you have incurred medical bills, injuries, lost or lowered wages, emotional or physical suffering, for an accident where you had no fault, you are paying for someone else’s negligence. Denver passenger injury attorneys are experienced professionals who will empower you to fight for the proper compensation that you deserve. Without a proper Denver passenger injury attorney, your cash settlement can turn out to be much LESS than what you deserve! We look forward to hearing from you.
Contact a Passenger Injury Attorney in Denver, CO
With a combination of a proven track record, impressive financial resources, esteemed legal reputation and a compassionate approach, we believe there is no better Denver passenger injury attorney team than us.